Acupuncture has been popularized for its ability to speed recovery of acute injuries and manage chronic pain. It is not as well known, however, that acupuncture is based on an ancient system of health care called Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which originated 4000 years ago.
Acupuncture is the insertion of fine needles into points along the body on the meridian system to stimulate the flow of Qi (pronounced “chee”) to restore health. Our patients tell us that the insertion of needles is painless!
At Health Over All, our team of Naturopathic Doctors uses acupuncture for many conditions, including:
- anxiety and stress management
- digestive discomfort like nausea or bloating
- chronic pain and injuries
- women undergoing IVF, IUI or other assisted reproductive techniques
- hormone imbalance such as PMS, endometriosis, irregular cycles and mood swings