The holiday season is filled with gatherings and many tasty meals. It’s a time when people are tempted by treats everywhere they go and overeating becomes the norm. Since many rich meals and sugary desserts aren’t particularly friendly to anyone’s system, it’s no surprise that you might be feeling a little uncomfortable! But what if the bloating, weight gain, and discomfort aren’t new to you?
Did you know that food sensitivities and hormone imbalance can also cause these symptoms, as well as make your pants fight a tad tighter? So how can you figure out which is the case for you? Below are a list of symptoms that may help you narrow it down.
Signs of Food Sensitivities:
- Bloating, gas, and gurgles, or multiple trips to the washroom, especially after meals
- Specific food triggers, such as dairy, wheat, eggs, etc
- Delayed reactions, starting 20mins – 3 days after eating your trigger food
- IBS, headaches, sinus congestion, skin reactions (eczema), and weight gain are all signs of a food sensitivity
Signs of Hormone Imbalance:
- Symptoms worsen the week before or during your period
- This includes bloating, breast tenderness, mood swings, acne, and changes in your sleep patterns
- Weight gain in specific areas, such as hips and thighs, around the mid-section, or all over. This gives information about which hormones may be at play; meaning too much or too little of certain hormones
- Irregular periods – always a sign of hormone imbalance!
Some additional questions to help get to the bottom of your symptoms:
- When did your symptoms start?
- How often do they occur?
- Do you notice any triggers (ie large meals, certain foods)
- Do you feel bloated at certain times in your cycle?
After having read this blog, do you have a food sensitivity? Is it more likely that you have a hormone imbalance? Or maybe both are at play? Either way, we have developed a solution for you! To find out more, click HERE!!