How Can Naturopathic Medicine Help Me When I Am Going Through Fertility Treatments?
When the next step in your fertility journey is Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) like IUI and IVF you may feel scared, emotional, exhausted and confused. There are often so many questions, especially, “what can I do to make this procedure as effective as possible?” Regardless of where you are in this process, we can help to guide you through it and support your body for best possible outcomes.
Education and blood work:
- One of the most important part of this journey is understanding what is going on in your body and understanding the procedure. At your appointments we have the time to answer your questions and ensure that you understand the procedure, medications, and the changes that we are going to implement and why.
- If needed we will run blood work additional to what the fertility clinic has run to ensure that we are addressing all factors that can affect your procedure.
Assessing for and correcting nutrient deficiencies
- We want to make sure that your body is functioning optimally for this procedure. This means assessing for nutrient deficiencies such as iron, B12 and vitamin D and correcting them.
- We will ensure that you are taking the right supplements to support your eggs and /or sperm quality and production.
Diet and lifestyle changes
- We do a thorough assessment of your diet to ensure that you are getting all of the nutrients that you need to make your body as strong as possible for the procedure.
- We also encourage regular exercise to help improve blood flow, support hormone levels and manage stress.
- One of our top recommendations for improving your chances of conceiving is acupuncture.
- Studies continue to show evidence that acupuncture is beneficial for improving pregnancy rates in women undergoing ART1
- Acupuncture improves blood flow to the uterus, promotes relaxation and stress reduction, and encourages more restorative sleep.
- Acupuncture recommendations and treatment plans are tailored to the specific patient. Though it is encouraged to start this 3 months prior to procedure, we support patients closer to their procedures as well.
Regardless of where you are in your fertility journey, we are here to help. Book your alignment call with one of our team members to find out how you can work with us.
-The Health Over All Team