Are you gluten-sensitive or have Celiac disease?
Since we love supporting local health businesses, we compiled a list of local resources where you can find gluten-free products, bread, baked-goods, as well as gluten-free accommodating restaurants. Let us know if we missed anyone!
- Nature’s Corner Cafe – Fonthill
- Rise Above (vegan, some gluten-free options) – St. Catharines
- The Lemon Tree (vegan, some gluten-free options) – St. Catharines
- Vegan Hippie Chick (vegan, some gluten-free options) – Welland
- The Black Sheep Lounge (some vegan and gluten-free options) – Welland
- Bella Noella’s Pizzeria (gluten and dairy free pizza options) – St. Catharines
Health Food Stores
- Healthy Cupboard – Fonthill and Fort Erie
- Peanut Mill – St. Catharines
- Bamboo Natural Food Market – St. Catharines
- Well Well Well – St. Catharines
- Churchhill Meats – Fonthill
- Wrap it up raw (flax wraps) – Fonthill — available at most health food stores
- Edible options (gluten-free bread and baked goods) – St. Catharines
- Lake Land Meats – St. Catharines
- Valley Girls – St. Catharines
- Staff Meal Niagara – Niagara-on-the-Lake
Restricting certain foods from your diet can cause nutrient deficiencies and isn’t an appropriate choice for everyone. To learn more about food sensitivities and whether a gluten-free diet may be helpful for you, talk to your Naturopathic Doctor.
Click here to book and appointment and get to the bottom of your digestive concerns!
– Dr. Meghan McNaughton, ND